Thursday 2 April 2015

Beach day with mini me

  It is not very often that I get to spend one on one time with my oldest daughter. But this week is spring break for her so she is home while my youngest is still attending her Montessori pre-school.
We took full advantage of our 4 hours together after we dropped off Kelsie. First we stopped at the local bakery to share a treat. Then we headed to the furthest part of the island to hang out on a beautiful beach. It was so sunny out it almost felt like summer. 
  Growing up I have always lived pretty close to the ocean. It really is my happy place and I'm so grateful that my daughters share that same love. 

  Shayla and I first looked around the sand for the perfect rocks. This beach has such pretty smooth rocks in all sorts of colors. She always likes to make a 'collection' where she lines them up on a log. 



  We did some wave jumping in our boots too. And combed the beach looking for the perfect stick to draw in the sand with. 


  We really are blessed to live here. This island is so amazing. I love how each beach is special in it's own way. 

  All in all, it was a perfect 4 hours with Shayla. Basking in the sun, skipping rocks and collecting shells. We are so lucky to live here!







No comments:

Post a Comment